All Square with Racers



Racing Club Warwick1


Date Time Competition Season
October 6, 2020 7:45 pm MFL Premier 2020-21

Midland Football League
Premier Division
Tuesday 6th October 2020
Racing Club Warwick 1-1 Tividale

 Racers dead heat

Tividale travelled to Racing Club Warwick for the first time in recent history and played their part in an entertaining game against a very good home side.

Dave King made just the one change from Saturdays defeat, swapping Elliott Hartley for Ryan Grosvenor and once again Tividale got off to a flyer.

In just the 3rd minute a Matt Hunt clearance caused the Racer’s defence all sort of problems and Dan Smith latched onto the ball and forced a fine save from Racer’s keeper Brandon Ganley.

In the 5th minute again the Racer’s failed to deal with a ball into the box. The ball found its way too Will Rawlins but he failed to find the target with his shot.

Rawlins turned provider in the 7th minute when his ball into the inside left area again caused hesitancy in the Racers defence. This time Elliott Hartley cashed in and this time he made the home side pay. taking the ball wide of Ganley before slotting it home.

The racers had their first effort in the 9th minute but Tory Herbert shot over the bar.

After looking like they were going to be overrun in the first 15 minutes the home side were now getting into the game and on 18 minutes a Reece Ford cross was headed wide by Nick Seabourne. Then Dean Purvin tried one from distance that Adam Harrison collected at the second attempt.

Tividale had to make a change in the 27th minute when Curtis Cocking had to be replaced by Ryan Grosvenor. Curtis had received a knock earlier and “could not run it off”, 6 minutes later and the Racers were level. Liam Wilkinson conceded a free kick some 25 yards out from his goal line and Seabourne stepped up and despite Harrison getting a hand to it could not keep out the free kick.

The home side had a great chance to take the lead on 39 minutes as Tividale started to defend a lot deeper when Seabourne failed to get a Purvin cross on target screwing the chance wide. Then on 40 minutes Tividale almost took the lead in bizarre fashion. A Hartley cross was headed against his own post by a Racer’s defender

Half Time: Racing Club Warwick 1-1 Tividale

Both sides had cancelled each other out at the start of the second half before Dan Smith was played through by Hartley and Purvin brought him down in the Racer’s area. With no one racing for the ball. Up stepped keeper Harrison but his spot kick was saved by Ganley.

Racer’s Samuel Jackson then had two efforts in as many minutes. First on 65 minutes he hit the base of the post with a shot. Then his second effort just cleared the crossbar.

After that, chances were at a minimum and it was in the 82nd minute before the next one. Lewis McPike finding substitute Jelson Antonio in the area. But his shot was deflected wide.

The home sides captain Mason Rowley had two good chances to grab the winner but both his headers in the last 5 minutes the first from a Riley Kearsey free kick and the second a Jackson corner could not find the target.

Full Time: Racing Club Warwick 1-1 Tividale