Season: 2020-21

Tividale vs Haughmond

The teamsheet for this game can be downloaded HERE


Heather St. Johns vs Tividale

Midland Football League

Premier Division
Saturday 17th October 2020
Heather St John 0-2 Tividale

Heather Harried to Defeat

For one of the few times this season Tividale put together excellent back to back performances and got their just rewards.

Following on from the beating they gave Boldmere in the week. They harried and pressed Heather into submission and came away from the picturesque St John’s Ground with 3 valuable points.

The defensive injury curse continued with Tom Hurdman not recovering from the hamstring pull that saw him replaced on Tuesday night. But Jacob Barnes who came off the bench and replaced him was deemed fit enough to start in this one. So that was the only change from the mid-week win.

Both sides started the game very tentatively. With Heather having a lot of the ball but not really causing Tividale any problems and were prone to overplay and lose the ball in dangerous positions but Tividale themselves could not make them pay.

The first shot in anger came in the 18th minute when Cameron Collins tried a shot from well outside the area that Tividale keeper Adam Harrison had no problems with.

In Tividale’s first sortie on 20 minutes Adam Garmson found Dan Smith with a neat pass. He went down under a challenge from Jack Dance on the edge of the box. Smith and a number of the Tividale players appealed for a penalty but referee Benjamin Stott waived play on

Heather’s Edilson Panzo-Antonio then tried his luck from around the same distance as Collins’s effort 4 minutes later with the same result.

in the 26th minute Luke Carter hit the perfect chip over the head of Heather centre back Joe McNulty and into the path of Smith but he tried a first-time volley when he had more time than he realised and Heather keeper James Beeson saved it.

Beeson had to be alert when from a poor clearance on 29 minutes Garmson put the cross in that Dance toe poked for a corner with Smith ready to pounce. But there was no reprieve a minute later on the half hour when Carter found Garmson with a cross field ball out on the left wing and his cross was met by Smith who out jumped Dance and he gave Beeson no chance with a thumping header to put the visitors 1-0 up.

Tividale then allowed Heather right back Chris Hayden way too much room a minute before the break but he also tried a shot from distance but once again Harrison fielded the shot comfortably.

Half Time: Heather St John 0-1 Tividale

Heather had the first chance of the second period on 47 minutes when Jake McLeary failed to get an Antonio cross on target. 5 minutes later and they should have equalised when from a Mitchell Mollison cross Harrison did well to turn away a Daniel Hanson shot but it fell at the feet of Collins but he blasted his shot wide.

Tividale doubled their lead on 67 minutes with a goal that summed up their play all afternoon. it started with a back pass to Besson that Elliott Hartley immediately ran to close down the keeper’s clearance. This forced Beeson to play a ball to his full back Yahiya Todd who himself was under pressure from Garmson. This forced the error with Todd’s attempted pass up field being intercepted by Garmson and the striker blasted the ball past Beeson and into the far bottom corner from 8 yards out.

Eight minutes after the goal, Tividale were down to 10 men when after taking a few petty kicks around his ankles Garmson flicked his leg out at a defender and although he did not connect the referee saw intent and showed the striker a straight red.

Even with the man advantage for the last 15 minutes Heather never really caused the visitors many problems and Tividale closed out the game and earned another clean sheet.

Full Time: Heather St John 0-2 Tividale



1Adam Harrison Goalkeeper
3Bradley Welding 25 Defender
4Jacob Barnes Defender
6Matthew Hunt Defender
7Luke Carter 16 Midfielder
8Liam Wilkinson Midfielder
9Daniel Smith 15 Forward 30'
12Will Rawlins Defender
19Joe Hawkins Defender
20Lewis McPike Forward
21Adam Garmson Forward 67'
10Ryan Grosvenor Midfielder
13Peter Hawk Goalkeeper
15Elliott Hartley 9 Forward
25Alfie Watts 3 Defender
16Sam Bryan 7 Midfielder

Tividale vs Boldmere St. Michael’s

Midland Football League

Premier Division
Tuesday 13th October 2020
Tividale 7-1 Boldmere St Michaels 

Tivi are Sevsational

These lads have a knack of following a poor performance with a much improved one and so after Saturday’s no show in the FA Vase against Stapenhill. A response was required and expected. And how did they respond

With injuries in defence and midfield Manager Dave King switched Tom Hurdman to a central defender role and brought back Brad Welding into the starting line up at wing back. With Curtis Cocking still out injured Luke Carter and Liam Wilkinson held the midfield holding roles. The inform Lewis McPike dropped into the attacking midfield position with Elliott Hartley rested. New signing Adam Garmson made his first start up front alongside Dan Smith.

Tividale got off to a flyer when after 2 minutes some great work down the Tividale right by Smith and Garmson ended with the latter being brought down in the Boldmere box. We all know this is Tividale and a scored penalty is no gimme. But up stepped Carter and calmly sentkeeper Matthew Coton the wrong way. Tividale were threatening to add to their score and after 12 minutes Garmson and Smith linked up again but Boldmere blocked and cleared.

Boldmere had their first chance on 13 minutes when an Owen Parry header was well saved by Adam Harrison. With Boldmere now causing Tividale problems with a period of pressure, they equalised in the 20th minute. A Stuart Hendrie corner was not cleared by the Tividale defence and Ryan Conlon forced the ball over the line.

Tividale should have been back ahead after 25 minutes when Boldmere keeper Coton thwarted Garmson twice with a double save and 2 minutes later Coton was on hand again to deny Welding. On 32 minutes Tividale took the lead. From a Boldmere corner the ball was cleared to Smith just outside the Tividale area. His first-time pass found Garmson and his ball into the Boldmere box found Smith who had carried on his run who slid the ball home. Boldmere were still in the game at 2-1 down and where unlucky on 38 minutes when a Parry free kick crashed off the cross bar.

Tividale extended their lead on 43 minutes to 3-1 when a McPike free kick was headed home by Joe Hawkins.

As the game went into first half injury time Boldmere full back Jermaine Johnson was yellow carded when he dwelt on the ball on the edge of his box, Smith won the ball off him but Johnson brought him down trying to win the ball back. From the resulting free kick Coton denied McPike with another brilliant save turning the ball out for a corner.

Unfortunately for the visitors the Welding corner in the 47th minute was headed into his own net by Boldmere defender Stephen Palmer to make it 4-1

Half Time: Tividale 4-1 Boldmere St Michaels

Tividale’s Hawkins nearly cancelled out his first half goal when he deflected a shot towards his own net in the 51st minute but Harrison got done to turn the ball away. On 55 minutes any chance that Boldmere had of getting back into the game went when Johnson received his second yellow card for a very poor tackle.

Tividale went 5-1 up in the 65th minute when Smith rolled the ball into McPike and he stroked the ball past Coton. On 67 minutes Boldmere substitute Harry Harris had a chance from 6 yards out but put the ball over the Tividale bar.

Garmson and Smith linked up again on 68 minutes but Smith’s header from Garmson’s cross was comfortably held by Coton.

Tividale won their second penalty of the game on 73 minutes when from a corner Matt Hunt got a nudge in the back and the referee pointed to the spot. Again, Carter stepped up and though Coton guessed the right way the spot kick was into the bottom corner, giving the keeper no chance 6-1.

In the 83rd minute McPike was put through by a Hartley pass but Coton parried his shot and the ball was cleared. Seconds later Hartley found Welding and his neat lay off into McPike just had too much on it and he could only hit the side netting.

With the Boldmere defence now tiring and Tividale rampant, Smith’s dart into the visiting penalty area on 88 minutes was ended with a poor tackle that was not in the same post code as the ball and gave the referee the easiest decision of the night. With Carter having been substituted, McPike was on spot kick duty and he made it 7-1 as he sent Coton the wrong way.

FullTime: Tividale 7-1 Boldmere St Michaels

The teamsheet for this game can be downloaded HERE


1Adam Harrison Goalkeeper
2Tom Hurdman 4 Defender
3Bradley Welding Defender
6Matthew Hunt Defender
7Luke Carter 16 Midfielder 2', 73'
8Liam Wilkinson Midfielder
9Daniel Smith Forward 32'
12Will Rawlins Defender
19Joe Hawkins Defender 42'
20Lewis McPike Forward 65', 88'
21Adam Garmson 15 Forward
4Jacob Barnes 2 Defender
10Ryan Grosvenor Midfielder
13Peter Hawk Goalkeeper
15Elliott Hartley 21 Forward
16Sam Bryan 7 Midfielder

Tividale vs Stapenhill

Buildbase FA Vase
2nd Round Qualifier
Saturday 10th October 2020
Tividale 0-2 Stapenhill

 The Swans Glide Through

Tividale’s woeful home form continued with a 5th consecutive league and cup defeat here at The Beeches. This time it was first division Stapenhill who benefitted

Tividale made just the one change from the midweek draw at Racing Club Warwick. The previously injured Luke Carter replacing the injured Curtis Cocking.

Stapenhill were at it from the kick off and showed their intent in the very first minute when from a Jack Humphreys cross Ash Garner’s shot was deflected for a corner. Tividale were struggling to find their feet and the visitors were enjoying the freedom of The Beeches and with better final balls the home side could have been in serious trouble.

In the 7th minute a lovely through ball from Cameron Steele into the path of Humphreys but his shot was comfortably saved by Tividale keeper Adam Harrison.

Tividale’s first effort was in the 11th minute. A great cross from Lewis McPike was met by Dan Smith, but his header came back off the Stapenhill crossbar. 6 minutes later came another Tividale chance when an Elliott Hartley corner was headed back in the danger area by Matt Hunt but Tividale could not get a man on the end of it and Stapenhill cleared.

Stapenhill had another great chance on 20 minutes. A Steele cross was headed wide by Callum Riddell. Then on 34 minutes from a poor Tividale clearance that Riddell latched onto. It took a brilliant block from Tividale defender Jacob Barnes to deny him.

Tividale caused the Stapenhill defence an anxious moment on 40 minutes when a ball into the box was scrambled clear by visiting keeper Ben Gough with Smith bearing down on him.

Half Time: Tividale 0-0 Stapenhill

Apart from a Steele shot that deflected for a corner in the 46th minute the game seemed to meander along until the 66th minute. A Stapenhill free kick from just inside the Tividale half was met by Garner on the edge of the penalty area and his looping header hit the angle to deceive Harrison and drops over the goal line and into the back of the net.

Tividale although they were now showing a sense of urgency, just never put enough pressure on the Stapenhill defence to cause them any real concern. And whilst throwing men forward were always open for the counter attack.

In the closing minutes Tividale had everyone apart from keeper Harrison in the Stapenhill half and twice Riddell broke free. His first effort produced a fine save from Harrison and then he cleared the bar with his second.

With the game deep into injury time Stapenhill arguably made the score line more appropriate to their display. Riddell broke away again, this time playing the ball into Connor Richins and he beat Harrison with his shot to make it 2-0

Full Time: Tividale 0-2 Stapenhill

You can download a copy of this week’s team sheet HERE