Competition: FA Vase

Whitchurch Alport vs Tividale

Buildbase FA Vase
1st Qualifying Round
Saturday 11th September 2021
Whitchurch Alport 3-0 Tividale

More Vase Misery

Tividale Manager Dave King will be the first person to admit that the FA Vase has not brought back happy memories for him while he has been at Tividale, and this season’s campaign was to be no different. It is something that no one at the club can put their finger. But we just keep on producing some of our worst performances in the Vase and this was another one.

Once again there was a couple of changes to the midweek side that started against Lye Town. Dan Bryson returned in place of Hayden Reeves. Cameron Milne returned for the unavailable Curtis Cocking and Jordan Edwards in for the injured Brad Welding.

Tividale started the game well and had the first decent chance in the 6th minute when an Elliott Hartley corner was headed wide by Darragh Bustin. Then on 8 minutes Alsports first chance an Ivan Urvantev free kick sailed over the Tividale crossbar.

With the game even up to then, the first shot on target brought the first goal in the 17th minute. Alport worked the ball onto the left and an Alex Hughes cross into the box the ball was bundled home by Temi Ajibola.

Three minutes later and Alport doubled their lead. From an Urvantev corner to the back post and Joe Minshall rose for the easiest of headers past Adam Harrison. The game then went into a period where Alport never really had to exert themselves as Tividale failed to put any pressure on them at all.

On the half hour mark, Tividale made an early change with Lewis McPike replacing the struggling Dan Smith and then came a period of silly free kicks conceded outside both boxes by both teams but none of them troubling either keeper and that is how the half ended.

Half Time Whitchurch Alport 2-0 Tividale

Four minutes into the second period and Alport were away again but again they cleared the Tividale bar. Tividale then began to exert some pressure on the home side, but still could not carve out a decent scoring chance and on 53 minutes Alport had a great chance to extend their lead as they cought Tividale on the break but the defence tracked back well and cleared.

On 55 minutes from an Alport freekick that was cleared away initially. It was then recycled back into the box and it took a brilliant challenge from Hartley for Tividale at the back post to clear the danger from Jud Ellis.

With an hour gone Alport keeper Mason Springthorpe had his first piece of work to do when Bustin hit one from the edge of the box and forced a brilliant save from the keeper, turning it around the post and the following corner came to nothing. Tividale again could not get shot off in the 70th minute when after some more pressure they won a corner and despite the ball bouncing around the Alport box no one could add the finishing touch and the defence eventually dealt with it.

As we moved into the last 10 minute more Tividale pressure ended in another corner in which the Alport defence cleared for another but the second one is again comfortably cleared by the defence. On 84 minutes Harrison had to field a comfortable Alport shot and a minute later another Bustin free kick clears the cross bar.

Both sides had chances in the final few minutes but again neither could hit the target and in the 93rd minute Alport sealed the comfortable win when after Tividale gave the ball away in their half, Ellis took advantage of the error and fired the ball home from the edge of the box despite Harrison getting a hand to it.

Full Time Whitchurch Alport 3-0 Tividale

It was a better performance from Tividale in the second half, but in reality Alport had taken their foot off the gas and never really looked in any danger of giving conceding let alone failing to win the game.

Congratulations to Whitchurch Alport who now progress to the Second Qualifying Round of this year’s FA Vase. They have also set the bar for half time entertainment with a fly past from the Red Arrows.

Tividale: – 1. Adam Harrison, 2. Elliot Hartley, 3. Darragh Bustin, 4. Ben Birch, 5. Dan Bryson, 6. Matt Hunt, 7. Brogan Halpin (16. Tyree Clarke 68), 8. Cameron Milne, 9. Dan Smith (15. Lewis McPike 39), 10. Jordan Edwards (14. Corey Howe 58), 11. Luke Carter

Unused Subs: – 12. Hayden Reeves, 17. Tom Hurdman


1Adam Harrison Goalkeeper
4Luke Carter Midfielder
6Matthew Hunt Defender
9Jordan Edwards 26 Forward
11Elliott Hartley Midfielder
14Daniel Smith 10 Forward
15Cameron Milne Midfielder
18Ben Birch Defender
20Daniel Bryson Defender
27Brogan Halpin 21 Midfielder
7Darragh Bustin Midfielder
10Lewis McPike 14 Forward
26Corey Howe 9 Forward
2Tom Hurdman Defender
5Hayden Reeves Defender
21Tyree Clarke 27 Forward

Tividale vs Stapenhill

Buildbase FA Vase
2nd Round Qualifier
Saturday 10th October 2020
Tividale 0-2 Stapenhill

 The Swans Glide Through

Tividale’s woeful home form continued with a 5th consecutive league and cup defeat here at The Beeches. This time it was first division Stapenhill who benefitted

Tividale made just the one change from the midweek draw at Racing Club Warwick. The previously injured Luke Carter replacing the injured Curtis Cocking.

Stapenhill were at it from the kick off and showed their intent in the very first minute when from a Jack Humphreys cross Ash Garner’s shot was deflected for a corner. Tividale were struggling to find their feet and the visitors were enjoying the freedom of The Beeches and with better final balls the home side could have been in serious trouble.

In the 7th minute a lovely through ball from Cameron Steele into the path of Humphreys but his shot was comfortably saved by Tividale keeper Adam Harrison.

Tividale’s first effort was in the 11th minute. A great cross from Lewis McPike was met by Dan Smith, but his header came back off the Stapenhill crossbar. 6 minutes later came another Tividale chance when an Elliott Hartley corner was headed back in the danger area by Matt Hunt but Tividale could not get a man on the end of it and Stapenhill cleared.

Stapenhill had another great chance on 20 minutes. A Steele cross was headed wide by Callum Riddell. Then on 34 minutes from a poor Tividale clearance that Riddell latched onto. It took a brilliant block from Tividale defender Jacob Barnes to deny him.

Tividale caused the Stapenhill defence an anxious moment on 40 minutes when a ball into the box was scrambled clear by visiting keeper Ben Gough with Smith bearing down on him.

Half Time: Tividale 0-0 Stapenhill

Apart from a Steele shot that deflected for a corner in the 46th minute the game seemed to meander along until the 66th minute. A Stapenhill free kick from just inside the Tividale half was met by Garner on the edge of the penalty area and his looping header hit the angle to deceive Harrison and drops over the goal line and into the back of the net.

Tividale although they were now showing a sense of urgency, just never put enough pressure on the Stapenhill defence to cause them any real concern. And whilst throwing men forward were always open for the counter attack.

In the closing minutes Tividale had everyone apart from keeper Harrison in the Stapenhill half and twice Riddell broke free. His first effort produced a fine save from Harrison and then he cleared the bar with his second.

With the game deep into injury time Stapenhill arguably made the score line more appropriate to their display. Riddell broke away again, this time playing the ball into Connor Richins and he beat Harrison with his shot to make it 2-0

Full Time: Tividale 0-2 Stapenhill

You can download a copy of this week’s team sheet HERE


Tividale vs Droitwich Spa

Buildbase FA Vase
Second Qualifying Round
Saturday 14th September 2019
Tividale 1-2 Droitwich Spa

Sorry Tividale not Spa-red by Droitwich

At all level’s of football you will get so called giant killings but at this level it is more a case of teams comfortably competing with sides level’s above them. This was one of those games, that unless you knew before hand you would assume that Droitwich would be the higher ranked side. In the end Droitwich were up for it from the off and Tividale were just awful.

Manager Dave King made a number of changes from the side that were beaten 3-0 at Long Eaton last weekend. He reverted back to three centre backs, with Matt Hunt joining Dan Bryson and Freddie Watts in the heart of defence. Darragh Bustin and Lewis Probert started as wing backs with Tom Hurdman starting on the bench. Luke Carter and Liam Wilkinson were in the engine room and Emile Beckford started up front replacing Tyree Clarke and Kyle Bramley replaced Brad Welding.

Droitwich had their first chance after just 3 minutes when James Lemon was given time to get his shot off but Tividale keeper Louis Connor gathered the effort that lacked power comfortably. Probert then cleared another Lemon effort off the line on 12 minutes as Tividale could not get near the visitors. Droitwich took a deserved lead 2 minutes later. Jack Davies was sent down the right and despite pressure from Matt Hunt he calmly slid the ball past Connor and into the net. The visitors had no intention of sitting on their laurels and were unlucky not to go 2-0 up on 17 minutes. Both Davies and Melon had shots blocked on the line before the ball fell for Ben Tilbury but Connor was equal to his pile driver and turned the ball around the post.

It was the 27th minute before Tividale threatened Droitwich’s goal when Bustin tried an effort from distance but keeper Matt Oliver held it comfortably. Droitwich were immediately back on the attack when from a Lewis Phillips throw, Connor Collins flicked the ball neatly into the path of of Davies but he lofted his shot over Connor’s bar.

The game was opening up a bit now and Tividale striker Dan Smith saw his crisp low effort pushed clear by Oliver on the half hour. Five minutes later and Droitwich doubled their lead. Tividale made a complete mess of what should have been a comfortable clearance and Collins stole in nicked the ball and fired past Connor. Droitwich had another great opportunity before the break When Collins played the ball into Lemon who in turn laid the ball back to Tilbury but he failed to hit the target.

With half time beckoning Droitwich had one last chance, From a Tividale corner in the 42nd minute, the visitors won the ball and broke in numbers but the counter attack ended with Tilbury forcing another save from Connor. It would have been a lovely worked goal and also emphasised the away sides first half dominance.

.Half Time: Stafford Town 0-1 Tividale

Tividale made a couple of changes at the start of the second half. Bringing on Jake Webb and Welding in place of the unfortunate Beckford and Bramley. Unfortunate because any of the outfield 10 could have been replaced at half time. Webb immediately made an impact when his cross a minute into the second period was headed over by Smith. Then a Bustin corner was met at the back post by Hunt and his headed knockdown was met by Probert but he could not keep down his shot down.

Tividale had a golden chance to get back in the game on the hour, when a Welding cross was fumbled by Oliver and as Smith moved in to cash on the error the keeper brought him down. Bustin stepped up and his spot kick crashed back off the cross bar. Making it only the one penalty converted out of the 6 we have had awarded to us so far this season.

It was a distinct improvement by Tividale in the second half but while they huffed and puffed they never really threatened a well drilled Droitwich defence, epitomised when Probert found Welding and two defenders threw their bodies on the line to deflect his shot wide. Tividale made it a nervy last few minutes for Droitwich when from a Bustin long throw, the visitors failed to clear and Carter nodded the ball home,

Tividale pushed for the equaliser but Droitwich stood firm in the closing minutes and in the end it was the men from Division One of the West Midland football League who deservedly go into the First Round draw.

Full Time: Tividale 1-2 Droitwich Spa

Tividale:- 1. Louis Connor, 2. Lewis Probert, 3. Darragh Bustin, 4. Dan Bryson, 5.Freddie Watts (15. Tom Hurdman 51), 6. Matt Hunt 7. Luke Carter, 8. Liam Wilkinson, 9. Dan Smith, 10. Emile Beckford (16. Brad Welding 46), 11.Kyle Bramley (17. Jake Webb 46)

Unused Subs:– 12. Tyree Clarke, 14. Jacob Barnes.