Nantwich Town4


Date Time Competition Season
September 22, 2020 7:45 pm FA Cup 2020-21


Emirates FA Cup

1st Qualifying Round
Tuesday 22nd September 2020
Tividale 2-4 Nantwich Town

Nantwich end the Tividale run

Tividale entertained level 3 side Nantwich Town and although second best for the majority of the game showed their fighting spirit with 2 late goals.

Manager Dave King went with the same side that did so well in Saturdays defeat at Newark.

Nantwich started well and where 1-0 up inside three minutes. When Callum Saunders was adjudged to have been brought down by Tividale keeper Adam Harrison and were awarded a penalty. It was Saunders who got up to take it himself and fired the spot-kick down the middle.

Harrison then had to make a double save first denying Jamie Lawrie and then Saunders. But could do nothing about Nantwich’s second on 20 minutes. Saunders crossing for Joe Malkin to head in from point blank range.

Saunders will feel that he should have put the visitors 3-0 up when just before the break he found himself through on goal, he rounds Harrison but his shot was cleared off the line.

Tividale had little to show for their first half endeavours and Nantwich keeper Greg Hall was a mere spectator.

Half Time: Tividale 0-2 Nantwich Town

Nantwich again scored an early goal when on 49 minutes a Mike Koral cross was laid back by Saunders for Malkin to get his second and the Dabbers third.

Harrison turned a Malkin shot round the post as he loomed in on his hat trick. But again, he was helpless as The Dabbers got their 4th on 64 minutes when Saunders headed home from a Sean Cooke corner.

Tividale’s first real threat on goal produced a goal when a 67th minute Lewis McPike corner was headed home at the near post by Elliott Hartley.

Then on 80 minutes it was Curtis Cocking who cashed in on another Tividale corner flickingthe ball past Hall, giving the home side a glimpse of an amazing comeback.

With Tividale now pushing men forward Joe Mwasile had a great chance to make it 5 for The Dabbers, when after going through with just Harrison to beat. He blasted over the crossbar.

It could have been even nervier for the visitors if Colum Nugent had put away a great chance in the 89th minute but he failed to hit the target. So in the end, it was Nantwich who go into the next round.

Full Time: Tividale 2-4 Nantwich Town