Racing Club Warwick1


Date Time Competition Season
November 6, 2021 3:00 pm MFL Premier 2021-22


Midland Football League

Premier Division
Saturday 6th November 2021
Racing Club Warwick 1-0 Tividale

Not at the Races

If there is one thing that is consistent about Tividale. It is their inconsistency and today’s performance about summed that up. There was no question about their effort and commitment, but it was if we played all night, we were never going to score games.

Once again due to unavailability (Curtis Cocking), injuries (Ethan Muckley) and suspension (Elliott Hartley), Manager Dave King had to make a number of changes. With Brad Welding, Dan Bryson, and Cameron Milne all available after missing last week’s game.

Things were made worse with Lewis McPike breaking down in the warm up. So, another change had to be made and coach TJ Munthali had to be brought in to make a second appearance of the season.

The home side settled the quickest and soon had Tividale on the back foot with Romario Martin testing Tividale keeper Peter Hawk with a deflected shot in the third minute. Then a minute later he fired over the bar. On 7 minutes Miracle Okafor whipped a vicious ball across the face of Hawk’s goal but no Racer could get a touch to it.

The next bit of serious goalmouth action was 25 minutes later when Eli Bako fired across the Tividale goal. Tividale’s first attempt on goal came in the 38th minute when a Welding free kick cleared the bar.

Half Time: – Racing Club Warwick 0-0 Tividale

The second period started with again Racers doing the pressing and a minute into it Bako had an effort that Hawk collected comfortably. Tividale’s best move of the game came in the 53rd minute when some great link up play between Garmson, Greer and Bustin ended with a Bustin strike that Racers keeper Lew Walker pushed around his post for a corner.

Racers full back Joshua Parsons was then allowed to run to the edge of the Tividale box in the 55th minute and shoot. But again, Hawk was equal to his strike and gathered comfortably. On the hour Tividale had a great chance to break the deadlock. Racing Club failed to get any distance in clearing a Milne free kick. Matt Hunt recovered the ball and played in Garmson who fired just over the bar.

On 62 minutes the deadlock was broken. This time the visitors failed to clear their lines and Bako’s shot from the edge of the area took a deflection that left Hawk completely stranded and the keeper could only watch the ball go into his net. They could have been 2-0 up two minutes later when a under hit Tom Hurdman pass back was hurriedly cleared by Hawk. It fell to Martin, but he shot over the bar. Bustin then had an effort although on target lacked any power and Walker gathered.

Hawk had to be at his best to get too another Bako effort and parry it away and he needed Bryson to complete the clearance. Hawk then pulled off a stunner of a save in the 69th minute to deny Martin. He then made a double save to deny substitute Scott Hammond and the rebound from Martin in the 82nd minute as the Racers pressed for a second. With 5 minutes to go Racer’s Costellis Lautaru found space in the Tividale area, but he could not hit the target with his resulting shot.

At the end things got from bad to worse for Tividale when for the second time in 2 weeks a Tividale player received a second yellow card deep into injury time. This week it was Garmson who picked up the two yellows and will sit out a one game ban.


Full Time: – Racing Club Warwick 1-0 Tividale

1. Peter Hawk, 2. Tom Hurdman, 3. Brad Welding, 4. Luke Carter, 5. Dan Bryson, 6. Matt Hunt, 7. TJ Multhani (15. Tom Cole 62), 8. Cameron Milne (14. Keegan Horan 75), 9. Adam Garmson, 10. Ethan Greer 11. Darragh Bustin

Unused Subs: – 12. Lewis McPike, 16. Alfie Bustin